Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hilde Kellogg Park

Today was one of those singularly delightful moments in honoring someone who's made such an incredible difference in her community through half a century of volunteerism and service. Anyone who enjoys living in Post Falls today owes a debt of gratitude to former State Representative Hilde Kellogg. For her to be recognized by having a community park dedicated in her name is a fitting tribute.
Pictured with Ms. Kellogg are the Post Falls Park and Recreation Commission, Jackie McAvoy, Rick Noordam, Tami Martinez, Ryan Zane and Jim Hail. To see highlights of the ceremony click HERE. Coeur d'Alene Press feature story HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this story. Hilde probably doesn't remember me, but I was a 15 year old girl in 1972 when this dear lady hired me for my first job working at her Bar B-Q Ranch in Post Falls. She and her sister Betty were my mentors, and I have never forgotten their patience and kindness, nor the opportunities they afforded me during the years I worked for them. I am pleased to see her recognized. This article brought back a flood of wonderful memories.
    Sherry Mundt
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

    ReplyDelete