Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Biggest Loser's Loss

When my sister Janna called the end of March asking if I’d join her on a roadtrip to Portland, I was up for a lark. It wasn’t your average Thelma and Louise saga ... more like a Bob and Jillian smackdown.
Janna and I threw caution to the wind and headed to a casting call for the next season of The Biggest Loser. Not even several hours in the car discussing the prospect of appearing on national television in spandex and a sports bra while stepping upon a massive scale deterred us. We arrived in Portland early evening on a Saturday and by 8 a.m. the next morning had joined a couple hundred people standing in line at the Oregon Convention Center. By the time the interviews started at 10 a.m. the number had swelled to over 1,000. At some point the line was breeched and by noon we realized we’d be much longer in line than expected. By the time we made it to actually talking with the casting people it was about 6:30 p.m. and as #1,199 and 1,200, we’d been standing in the rain for most of nearly 11 hours. Sad to say that neither Janna or I will be the next Biggest Loser but due to a diet I’d not be quick to recommend, my post-Biggest Loser bout of stomach flu has resulted in a nearly nine pound weight loss. See photos from our adventure
HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment