Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fore!

Every town has those colorful characters who give substance to the sense of community. Coeur d'Alene's "Stickman" is just one of those, gifting thousands of beautiful walking sticks to anyone who drops by each year. In his excursions around Tubbs Hill he finds sticks and also golf balls. Norm told me on Saturday that he'd saved buckets of golf balls that wash up on the shore of the hill and planned to make something special for the Ironman athletes. So when I stopped by today during the run I saw his work of art ... several hundred golf balls and an Ironman logo there on the lawn for all the passing runners to see.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming by on Sunday, good to see you. The picture has taken on a life of its own, I think I will leave it for another few days. The Stickman

    ReplyDelete