Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Love Where I Live ...

The latest installment of I Love Where I Live took place today at the Legislative Send-Off hosted by the Post Falls and Coeur d'Alene Chambers of Commerce. About 80 people were gathered for lunch before hearing from our local legislators. My fellow city councilor Skip Hissong mentioned that the parents of slain Lakewood, WA police officer Tina Griswald, who live in Post Falls, were in need of money for the unexpected expenses involved in traveling to their daughter's memorial services, etc. So we passed a basket around the room and in less than ten minutes time had collected $647 for the Delongs. Again, even in challenging economic times, the people in our communities exhibit a generosity that's unparelleled.

No comments:

Post a Comment