Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Until They All Come Home

When the package of bracelets arrived on my doorstep in 2009,
I was overcome with the emotion of seeing the names of real
soldiers, real families who still waited and the reality of their
lives on hold ... until their sons, brothers, husbands
would finally come home.
Photo: Kerri Thoreson
In 2009 Main Street readers supported the National League of POW/MIA Families by ordering the iconic silver bracelets which debuted in 1970. Paul Coy of Post Falls contacted me then about replacing one he'd worn for decades that bore the name of Sgt. Donnie Shue. Sgt. Shue had been missing in combat in Vietnam since 1969.
Sgt. Shue came home on April 29, 2011. His story is in this week's Main Street HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog site on google and examine a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I just further up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Searching for forward to studying more from you in a while!...
    tilting patio umbrella
    Robert Michael Furniture

    ReplyDelete