Friday, February 19, 2010

Topless in February

It's been an unordinary winter for us, that's for sure. After 20 years of driving a convertible as my primary transportation year 'round, I do believe that this is the first time I've had the top down this early in the year. Took a spin this afternoon in the sunshine with temps around 50 degrees. The only hint that it's still winter is the snow on Rathdrum Mountain in the background. At Q'emlin Park, Main Street reader Jim Sparr was also enjoying the weather and snapped this photographic proof that summer is a state of mind. *I confess I did have the heater on. :)

3 comments:

  1. great picture. I live in Iowa where we have 6 feet of snow and have a white corvette in my garage that won't see daylight until April if I am lucky. We drive it to CDA last summer with 7 other couples and their Vettes. What a great time we had in CDA. I grew up there so showed them around to all my old haunts...the onces that are left anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on Robert's face was priceless when I told him you were going topless...then I explained that it was your car that would be topless. We have chuckled about this several times since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa del Carmen GarciaMarch 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

    Great picture, great car !
    I do live in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia in South America where the hot weather is most part of the year !
    I am your fan and I do read your notes very often, I was in Coeur d'Alene during the month of September, 2009 and fall in love with this clean and beautiful small city.
    I am engaged for marriage this year with a wonderful American man who lives and work there, and God willing I will move to CdA in mid May.
    Congratulations for the great job you do at the CdA Press.
    Best regards and God bless.

    ReplyDelete